UPenn Sleep Medicine
(Offered by TelePlus Healthcare)
Course Price NT$51,000
- Physicians & Dentist only
- After completing the courses and tests, you can obtain the Univ. of Penn. Sleep Medicine Certification and start to provide sleep medicine.
- Contact us: +886 277337703 or
- Sleep medicine is a medical practice that uses clinical assessment and physiological monitoring techniques to diagnose sleep related diseases, and uses drugs, medical instruments, surgery, patient education, behavior correction and other techniques to treat them. It is also a subject that studies sleep and sleep disorders, an important part of neuroscience, and an emerging interdisciplinary subject that has received attention in recent years.
Provides comprehensive diagnosis and treatment for the full spectrum of sleep conditions.
- The 9 case-based modules consist of sleep apnea symptoms, 7 different sleep disorders, sleep apnea screening, different types of testing for sleep disorders, diagnosis, exam reading & findings, follow up, continuous monitoring, telemedicine, and products recommendations based on conditions and symptoms.
Main treatments for sleep disorders
- Medications (sleeping drugs, wakefulness-promoting drugs, traditional Chinese medicine)
- Non-invasive respiratory therapy (CPAP, etc.)
- Psychotherapy (CBTi, hypnosis, psychological scales, various questionnaires)
- Surgical treatment (ENT surgery, bariatric surgery, etc.)
- Acupuncture treatment (pricking needles, etc.)
- Other treatments (biofeedback, transcranial magnetic stimulation, phototherapy, etc.)
Sleep medicine expertise
- Physical examination technology (physical examination/chemical examination/functional examination/airway examination)
- HST technology (home sleep detection)
- PSG technology (polysomnography detection system) and MSLT
- Psychological techniques (psychological questionnaires/psychological measurements/personality questionnaires/interview techniques, etc.)
- Emergency technology (hypnotic drug poisoning and accident rescue technology
- Ten-week online cross-discipline course, obtained the Penn Medical School certificate
- Various real case studies to fully grasp various symptoms and changes
- Diversified consultation exercises, familiar with identification and diagnosis skills
- With the main complaint and testing as the core, guide the treatment strategy throughout the process
A：This certification course is specially designed for doctors in all disciplines, especially the following doctors:
•Physician who treats chronic diseases such as hypertension, diabetes, cardiovascular, psychiatry, etc.
• Dentist (Snoring treatment)
• Physicians who want to add self-financed items to health insurance
• Physicians who want to establish telemedicine and maintain a good long-term doctor-patient relationship
• Physician who has many cases of sleep disorders
• Physicians who interested in the latest sleep medicine
• Physicians who want to experience the Ivy League Penn University School of Medicine and obtain a certificate
A：TelePlus will assist your clinic to establish an online virtual sleep center, and then provide your patients with the latest precision sleep medical care. We will counsel service operation procedures, provide nursing team training, health education services, and treatment solutions for sleep disorders.
A：TelePlus and the Univ. of Pennsylvania have signed an exclusive cooperation agreement. The course content is provided by the Univ. of Pennsylvania. The online training and certification platform is constructed by TelePlus. After the physicians and dentists completes the course, the certificate will be issued by the Ivy League School of Medicine of the University of Pennsylvania through TelePlus platform. TelePlus is entrusted to handle administrative matters on behalf of UPenn.
A：After the course is opened, there will be a total of 3 months for you to study the course as much as you want. You can log in for further study and assessment anytime, anywhere, and unlimited times. This is a 10-week course, and many physicians can complete it in 6-8 weeks. You can still review after you get the certification. If you are too busy to complete it within 3 months, please contact us and we will extend the deadline for another 3 months.
A：This course currently offers a studying period of up to 6 months. This course was originally designed for doctors to pass the test and obtain certification within 3 months. However, to let physicians/dentists to have the opportunity to study and review during the clinical practices, we specially extended the course period to 6 months.
A：TelePlus and Penn University understand that doctors are busy , so the principle of course design is to assume that doctors take 2-3 hours a week to study, then all learning and certification can be completed within 10 weeks. Penn presupposes the time that the doctor needs to stay for each class (each chapter is different). If only count the time of content broadcasting and do not include the time for the doctors to understand, organize, summarize, absorb, and pass the test, the time is about 6 hours. Based on feedbacks, if add the time for the physicians/dentists to summarize, absorb, understand, organize, and test, the total estimated time is 20 to 30 hours.
A:Please contact "email@example.com" or call +886 -2-77337703. Our customer service staff will assist you：
Dentistry Dr. Wu
The content of Penn's sleep course is solid, and the course is coherent; I like the interactive teaching method with the case, and it reminds me that many diseases in dentistry are related to sleep! It is recommended that interested doctors can join the course!
Family physician Dr. Chen
The course is coherently, and in the last few courses and examinations also test the things taught in the front to see if you have a thorough understanding of sleep medicine.
Dentistry Dr. Wang
Recommended from other dentist, I enrolled the online UPenn sleep course, and learned a lot of sleep medicine knowledge that dentistry had not taught. It is very suitable for beginners. After finishing the courses, I have more comprehensive understanding sleep-related diagnosis and examination, and provide patients correct sleep knowledge.
Family physician Dr. Yang
It's really useful, especially the part of sleep apnea was taught so thoroughly that I discovered that many chronic diseases are related to sleep.
Family physician Dr. Lin
The interactive case discussion in the Penn sleep course is great, and it reminds me some of my cases who also have same symptoms.